Friday, January 7, 2011

Bad Experience with RWS

Will you book a hotel without checking the rates?
Not likely, unless
1. You are not the one paying for it, or
2. You are caught in a foreign land without a place to stay, or
3. You are filthy rich and money is not an issue
---
Anyway, I am super pissed with the service staff of the VIP reservations for RWS
Bear in mind, is VIP reservations...but in name only cos the service is just not up to standard.
With the intention of spending my CNY with my family in Genting Highlands, I called RWS (on behalf of my mum who is a member) to check the procedure to book hotels in Genting Highlands. Given the fact service staff is unable to attend to my queries, I requested her to check and get back to me.
Yes, I have to request as she didn't wanna take any ownership in rendering assistance to customer. Anyway, I realised that the service staff have this habit asking the customer to call another no. and hope that their colleagues at the other no. is able to answer the queries of the customer. (You call this VIP service? *roll eyes*)
Well, the best part is she checked the availability of the hotel but failed to check the rate...and blamed me for not telling her that she should check the rate!
---
"I don't know because you only ask me to check the availability but not the rate"
---
As a service staff of RWS, do you really think that the customer will buy this reply?
Don't you think you should be more proactive and not blame the customer for your inadequacy?
My jaw dropped when I heard that reply. Totally speechless.
A simple reply such as "I am not sure, let me check and get back to you" will definitely be better right?
Well, I can only conclude that either she lacks training very badly...or is simply not cut for the job.
Disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment