Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Disappointed with Prudential...Again

Why is my name still not reflected correctly on my insurance policy statement? Didn't I informed my agent of this mistake a few month ago? Didn't I fax my IC her? How come it is still wrong?

I am really very fed up with Prudential...but yet I can't surrender my policy without suffering a loss. So I have to continue to feed them money despite being unhappy with their service. wtf!

This saga started officially in May 2009 when I received a mass sms from my Prudential agent. In her sms, she stated that she has decided to leave the company and her sister will be taking over her client servicing role as my prudential agent. Since she did not include her sister's contact no. in the sms, I reckoned that I needed not to contact this new agent as she will be taking the initiative to call me soon.

A few weeks later, I received a letter from Prudential that informed me that my agent has changed and this new agent is supposed to call me within a month.

However, I waited for about 2 months and there is no call or sms from this new agent. Having purchased an investment-linked policy, I wanted to get some updates from this new agent (my last update from my Prudential agent was about 2 years go). Thus, I sms my ex-agent to request for her sister's no. I am disappointed that she failed to reply as it proved a total change of attitude as compared to the time when she tried to get me to purchase the policy.

I finally get to speak to the new agent after going through rounds of calls with the contact centre staff and an unsuccessful attempt to log my request on the website (I deemed it as unsuccessful as the staff who was maning the website only called me 2 weeks later...I really wonder whether this is their SLA). The excuse that the new agent gave me was really quite lame. She said that she was busy moving house and thus, she had no time to contact me...wow, I didn't expect to hear such an excuse. How long does it take to make a phone call?

This incident was a really unpleasant one. Yet, I chose to give her a chance to be my agent. And now, I am disappointed again.

When I received my policy statement a few months ago, I noted that my name was incorrect and thus, I asked her to make the amendments. Yet till today, the mistake still persist. Did she take the effort to make the changes for me? Is there something wrong with the operations of company?

No comments:

Post a Comment