Saturday, November 20, 2010

Friend, back

Recently, I just had lunch with a friend whom I have not met for the last five years. He is a guy whom I used to have a crush on.

No, I don't have any special feelings for him anymore. Just plain platonic friendship, fullstop. Nothing more.

Anyway, the purpose of this post is NOT to describe how we knew each other in the past or how we could have been happily ever after, bah bah bah...Remember I said platonic friendship? FYI, I am not a strong believer of happily ever after...though I am a fairy tale lover. Yes, it is kinda paradoxical.

Well, what amazed me is the fact that we could just talk as if we didn't lost touch in the last five years. Just a short update of what each of us has been doing for the past years and ta dah, we are to where we have left off. No awkwardness. Isn't such friendship just amazing?

Honestly, I am not someone who have many good or close friends. In fact, I always I always find that it is very difficult to sustain close friendships, especially when each of us starts to have a separate life of our own (i.e. no longer share any commonalities such as same school, sport team, etc). Well, in short, I am just glad to find a friend, back.

No comments:

Post a Comment