Monday, November 22, 2010

Royal Caribbean Cruise - Your Ultimate Leisure Experience

If you have a choice of getting to your desired holiday destination, either via airplane or via cruise, which will you choose? Of course, I meant luxurious cruise where you get to eat well, sleep in peace and enjoy the spa and fitness services, and not those primitive boats which people typically take to Bintan or Batam.

But even so, traveling via luxurious cruise was never listed as a choice of mine despite the fact that I am a travel enthusiast.

Besides the fact that it will take me longer to reach my destination and hence, I will not be able to optimise my time spent in the country (as I would have spent most of my time traveling), the cost of traveling via luxurious cruise is also significantly higher as compared to traveling by air.

Sounds like luxurious cruise is specially designed for rich tai tai or retirees who have unlimited time and money to spend? Well, that was my perception before I attended the half-day tour for “My Royal Caribbean Cruise Adventure” aboard the Legends of the Seas.

The beautiful outdoor pool in Royal Caribbean Cruise - Legends of the Seas, which is very popular with guests who love the sun

Thanks to Omy, I get the chance to explore the renowned Royal Caribbean Cruise and deepen my understanding on traveling via luxurious cruise, which needless to say, dismisses my past inaccurate perception:
1. Longer traveling time, therefore, more time wasted

A ship can never travel faster than a plane. Yes, this is a fact which we were taught since young. So unarguably, traveling time will definitely be longer.

But does it mean more time wasted? Well, before I answer this question, let’s explore what you need to do when you traveled from point A to B via flight.

a) 2 hours before flight departure:
· Check-in
· Wait in the lounge to go onboard the flight

b) During the flight:
· Spent almost 99% of your time on the seat to watch movie (better pray hard that there is in-flight entertainment!), eat or sleep

c) When you reached your destination:
· Clear immigration
· Travel to your hotel
· Check-in your room

Now, review at the above list and tell me what you can possibly eliminate if you travel via a luxurious cruise? (Hmm…why does it sound like I am teaching lean management?)


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


.
Yes, time spent on traveling to your hotel is eliminated!

But most importantly, lesser time is wasted as you can do what you want almost instantly when you get onboard the cruise!

Instead of getting yourself glued to the seat for almost 99% of your traveling time, you can either work-out in the gym or pamper yourself in the beauty center. There is even a mini golf course for you practice your golfing skills!

Keeping fit while enjoying the seaview
Indulge in a relaxing body massage
Brushing up your golfing skills
Get yourself a nice tan as though you are sunbathing by the seaside

And how many times have you opted for an overnight flight so that you can reach your destination early in the morning and have more time to explore the city…but only to realise that you are so tired by noon as you didn’t have a good night rest?

Ok, I am guilty of that...many times in fact.

Well, this problem will be solved if you can have good rest while traveling to your destination.

You have a choice of sleeping on your bed or resting in your balcony


2. Cost of traveling via luxurious cruise is significantly higher than traveling via flight.

Yes, it is expensive. I will be obviously lying through my teeth if I said that it is not.

But do you think you will pay more if you fly to your destination on business class and stay at a hotel or resort in which you don’t have to pay for most of your meals and entertainment?

Very likely!

Drink all you can


And eat all you can...

but of course don't waste!

Honestly, traveling via Royal Caribbean somewhat reminds of a combination of flying via SQ business class & staying in ClubMed.

So if I may summarise the travel experience onboard the Royal Caribbean Cruise using just a tagline, it will be:

Your ultimate leisure - a differentiated travel experience, all under one roof

2 comments:

Benjamin Ang said...

My entry on it...

http://ginsengtonic.blogspot.com/2010/11/legend-of-seas-review-my-royal.html

Felt like back in school and rushing project haha…

Peggy Christine Yeo said...

Thanks for sharing the link.

Yah, kinda stress...I actually finished my entry at 1am! -_-

Post a Comment