Monday, September 6, 2010

Gold Coast Day 3

120810
Gold Coast
Paradise Country Farm followed by Harbourtown shopping

Living in fantasy in Day 2 and getting close to nature in Day 3.
Though I wasn't an animal lover, I enjoyed myself during the Paradise Country farm tour (except for the Billy Tea performance which I felt that it was kinda mediocre). Taking pictures with the Koalas (glad that we didn't pay AUS15 to carry the Koala in Gold Coast coz it was free in the farms in the outskirts of Sydney!), feeding and chasing the Kangaroos, observing the sheeps...made me miss my previous Safari tour in Johannesburg where I had the chance to carry the tiger cub. But of cos, the experience in Jo-burg was different as the animals weren't as tamed.

We were told that the Koalas sleep 20 hours a day and eat Eucalyptus leaves for the rest of the 4 hours. Simply good life ya. BTW, there is no such thing as Koala bear as Koala doesn't belong to the same species as bear.

FK is afraid of Kangaroo! Hahaha...that is why he is standing so far away from it!

We went around taking pictures as the Billy Tea show was simply boring

Lunch at the Paradise Country Farm was also one of the main highlight. Both of us selected fresh grilled fish as our main course and spaghetti, cheese potato (a must-try, super yummy!) and keropok (are you amazed that the restaurant served that?) as our side dishes. Ate so much... 我是大胃王...hahaha

After lunch, we went to harbourtown for shopping. Supposed to be factory outlets...but the things aren't cheap. Bought a pair of boots for myself but one of buttons on the boots came off when I was in the airport, travelling from Melbourne to Sydney. Zzzz...

No comments:

Post a Comment