Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Holiday Scam?

SMS from G*C: Ms Peggy Yeo. Pls note that your appt with G*C is 15 Dec 09 @ 6.30pm.

Last Saturday afternoon, I received a call from a lady named Jessie from G*C. She informed me that I have won free accommodation at 5 selected countries. However, I have to purchase my own air ticket to enjoy the free stay. Sounds like a good deal right? Since air travel has became a cheap affair with the influx of budget airline in the recent years.

Being a naïve individual, I told Jessie that I would like to collect the free accommodation voucher on her proposed date (which is today; And hence explained why I have got this confirmation sms from her)

After I ended the conversation, I shared with FK the good deal. As FK suggested that we collect the voucher together, I called Jessie to inform her that I will be bringing a friend with me.

To my horror, she sounded unfriendly and said that I am not allowed to bring friends with me to collect the voucher. She claimed that this is one of the rules and regulations set by the organisers and I may be disqualified if I don’t collect the voucher alone. Weird and absurd rules and regulations! Why can’t I bring a friend to collect the voucher with me? Being suspicious, I questioned her on the supposed logic of collecting the voucher alone. However, she just kept repeating that I am not allowed to bring a friend.

Needless to say, I did not collect the voucher. I want to be spared of any possible scam.

No comments:

Post a Comment