Monday, December 21, 2009

A mobile day

Knowing that FK’s existing Nokia phone was giving him lots of problems, I bought a Nokia 6710 navigator for him as his Christmas gift.

You must be wondering why didn't I get an iphone for him, since it is currently the most popular phone model and most youngsters are blindly following the trend by owning one (Yes, I know I do sound sceptical). Well, that guy has no patience for touch screen phones, he will probably “kill” the phone if it hangs…And of coz, I am not so generous to buy him an iphone…haha.

But never did I expect that this Nokia 6710 navigator became the dictator of how we gonna spend our day. We went to three places to fix the phone as the memory card was faulty and the phone was lagging badly.

And I must complain that the service ambassadors at Nokia Service Centre at Vivo City weren’t professional at all. One of the female service ambassadors was eating mash mallows at the counter while explaining the phone features to another customer. OMG! This is totally unacceptable! I think Nokia ought to engage some mystery shoppers to find out what is happening on ground!

Luckily, we managed to solve all our phone problems after our visit to MobileOne, the exclusive Singtel retailer that set up the promotion booth in my office. I was pleasantly surprised that the sales promoter was so savvy with the phone features and she managed to solve all the problems which the service ambassadors at Nokia and Hello Singtel weren’t able to solve. She also proactively offered to be contacted if I faced any further problems with the phone. Really a differentiated customer experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment